The mission of DCT Dodgeball is to promote and develop the sport of dodgeball across our area. DCT Dodgeball believes in the numerous benefits of dodgeball and it is our mission to provide the communities with a fun and safe environment which exemplifies a spirit of fair play and sportsmanship. We aim to foster friendly competition at various levels of play, while encouraging both teamwork and camaraderie.
1. Must be part or join a team by the time game is to start.
2. Play will be 6 on 6 - A minimum of 4 is required to start the game. You can have a maximum of 8 players on a team.
3. No substitutions will be allowed once a game has started.
4. Play continues until all players on one team are out.
5. Matches are played best-of-five.
6. There is a time limit of 50 minutes. If the match has not concluded by then, then the team that is ahead will be declared the winner. If the best out of 5 games winner is concluded and there is time remaining, teams can continue play for full 50 minutes.
7. All players must wear non-marking rubber-soled athletic shoes
8. Game time is forfeit time, if your team is not there at your scheduled time you will forfeit.
9. Team will switch ends of the court between every game.
**Waiver** Must Have Signed And Handed In Before Playing Games
*Please print out the Waiver form located at the bottom of the page.*
Payment Options Are at The Bottom Of The Page
Any money owed must be resolved before games begin. There will be no refunds, instead game credits may be issues once it is discussed and agreed upon with client and facility.
The objective of dodgeball is to eliminate all players of the opposing team by throwing game balls and hitting the opposing player below the shoulders on the fly.
Starting a Game
Each team starts on the baseline with the balls evenly spread on the center line at the beginning of each game. It is a sprint to get the balls at the center line on the Refs whistle. The balls must be taken back to the back line after the initial rush before balls can be thrown.
Play begins on the referees signal of “Go” and “Dodge” after the balls are taken back.
Eliminating the Opposing Players
A player is out if :
- They throw a ball that is caught by the other team.
- They get hit by a ball thrown by the other team. (If the ball does bounce off an opposing player and is then caught the thrower will then be out. This is true even if a different player catches the ball. However, if the ball bounces off another ball, the ball is dead). Players may use the ball to block; however, if the ball is knocked out of their hand while blocking, they will be out.
- They hit another player above the shoulders.
- They cross the center line.
- Their ball is caught off the wall or ceiling.
- They get hit above the shoulders.
Out of Bounds
A ball that hit any wall, or ceiling is considered dead and is not back in play until someone has picked up the balls and throws it at an opponent.
The center line is the off-sides line. If any part of your foot or body touches the center line, you will be declared out and thrown ball will be dead.
No player can hold the ball for longer than 5 seconds. Penalty- roll the ball gently to the other team. The REF is responsible for calling the stall count. For example: Stall 1, Stall 2, Stall 3…Stall 5. Then at this point the player must roll the ball over or is out.
Players are expected to be honest and take themselves out when the time comes. Once a player is out, they must stand on the sideline in order they were out. The next in line come in if a ball is caught.
Games will be played on Saturdays and Sundays.
Ages Group 9yrs-12yrs will play between the hours of 11am to 2pm
Ages Group 13yrs-17yrs will play between the hours of 2pm to 5pm
Team parents or managers will be notified by email the Thursday prior to the Saturday or Sunday games and once teams have registered there will be a schedule posted on this website.
Dodgeball 7 Week League